What does "Affidavit Surety to Surrender" mean?

Austin, TX |

An ex has a lengthy criminal record mostly for minor drug charges, but for safety reasons we like to know what we can of her whereabouts.

Currently incarcerated, the charges read as follows:

FTA - POSS CS PG1 <1G
AFFIDAVIT OF SURETY TO SURRENDER/ POSS MARIJ <2OZ
AFFIDAVIT OF SURETY TO SURRENDER/ CRIM TRESPASS HABIT/SHLTR/SUPRFUND/INFSTRT
ICE HOLD
AFFIDAVIT OF SURETY TO SURRENDER/ POSS DANGEROUS DRUG

Is there anyway to know how long she will be in for?

Ice Hold means immigration hold. Otherwise, the County in which she's i/c (or TDC) should show sentences and dates.

Until the Law Office of Robert Keates receives a signed fee agreement along with deposit or payment, there is no legal contract for any type of legal representation, despite any general advice or information found on this site. More at www.lawofficeofrobertkeates.com

What about the Affidavit Surety to Surrender? What does that mean?

Affidavit of Surety to surrender means whomever was the surety on defendant's bond... has a reason they wish to be released from the responsibility on his bond. Surety is telling the court defendant will be surrendered / asking the court to issue an arrest warrant for defendant. I don't know how long he'll be incarcerated.

BEST ANSWER I got....and I hope I was HELPFUL! My answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. Contact Steve Hamer at (214) 843-1529 for a FREE CONSULTATION.

Here's my interpretation of these entries:

FTA-POCS means "fail to appear" for POCS, or that the person missed a court date.

Affidavit...to surrender means that the bail bondsman has asked the court to surrender the person's bond so that the person will be held in jail and will earn jail credit while he is there

ICE hold means that there's an immigration hold so it is not unlikely that the person will be deported if she pleads to these charges

It appears the Defendant FAILED TO APPEAR (FTA) Court on the Possession of Controlled substance charge (POSS CS PG1

Kathryn Mary Holton

Kathryn Mary Holton

You may also be able to sign up for the VINE program if you are a victim and receive notification when the Defendant is released.