What does "advantageous" and "zealously" mean?

Asked 10 months ago - Kalamazoo, MI

In regards to what I can expect with my representation through the divorce process and my divorce attorney, what do the words adventageous and zelously mean? I feel he directed me down the path which was less time consuming and cost efficient for me, but not necessarily leaving me in a position I would have chosen if I were given options or explained that I had alternative ways to a resolution.

1. Peter L. Conway

4

Answered . Words you use are not susceptible to a precise definition.
    You could consult another, experienced, divorce lawyer to figure out whether your case could have come to a conclusion is more to your liking and whether anything can be done about it at the present time.
    Best of luck.

2. Jason Alan Ostendorf

Pro

4

Answered . Unless your attorney provided a pamphlet or other advertisement that referred to specific instances of past success of sorts in your divorce matter, the words "zealous" and "advantageous" do not amplify an attorney's basic obligation to act reasonably for a client. An attorney is not required to be an all-seeing eye, but at the same time an attorney is not permitted to just sit around collecting money while making no effort to protect your rights. You should contact an attorney experienced in legal malpractice before taking any other sort of action. It may well be that your family attorney took the best approach, even if it does not appear that way to a non-lawyer.

3. Lee Alan Thompson

1

1

Answered . Options always belong to you. Zealously is word seen in codes of ethics to do everything we can can within the bounds of the law to represent our client. Not sure on the other. Probably to work in your best interest and to gain the advantages the law allows. Kind of the same in a way. If the attorney is using that as a selling point, it is meaningless since we all have that duty anyway.