WHAT DOES DHSMV CODE/DL CLASS/FATALITY 647 E 0 N MEAN?

Saint Petersburg, FL |

IS THAT JUST STANDARD CODING LANGUAGE ON THE CLERK OF COURT SITE OR DOES THAT REALLY MEAN THEIR WAS A FATALITY IN THIS DUI CASE?

1. DHSMV CODE 647 is the Violation code for violation of Fla. Stat. 316.193(1)- DUI
    DL Class E means a Regular operators license

There was likely no fatality as that would have a different violation code. Without seeing the Clerk's documentation I cannot give you an absolute answer on the "0" and "N". I can say that the "0" is normally inserted for the suspension period for DUI as the standard code. The "N" is normally inserted for non-moving violations. In this case since it was a DUI the clerk should have inserted a "C". However, it could have been a mistake, or or could mean something else.

This information is for general purposes only. Nothing in this comment should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

DUI court topics