WHAT DOES DHSMV CODE/DL CLASS/FATALITY 647 E 0 N MEAN?

Asked over 2 years ago - Saint Petersburg, FL

IS THAT JUST STANDARD CODING LANGUAGE ON THE CLERK OF COURT SITE OR DOES THAT REALLY MEAN THEIR WAS A FATALITY IN THIS DUI CASE?

1. Laura Kaye Hargrove

2

Answered . DHSMV CODE 647 is the Violation code for violation of Fla. Stat. 316.193(1)- DUI
    DL Class E means a Regular operators license

There was likely no fatality as that would have a different violation code. Without seeing the Clerk's documentation I cannot give you an absolute answer on the "0" and "N". I can say that the "0" is normally inserted for the suspension period for DUI as the standard code. The "N" is normally inserted for non-moving violations. In this case since it was a DUI the clerk should have inserted a "C". However, it could have been a mistake, or or could mean something else.