What does " Copy of Marriage certificate" really mean on forms I-130 and I-485??

Asked about 1 year ago - Ontario, CA

I see that on the forms it asks for a copy of the marriage certificate, but does that mean they want a photo copy of the one I obtained from the County Recorder's or do they want the actual one , i see that they ask for copies on both forms, does that mean I need to purchase more copies from the County recorder? ... And also, how many total Passport style photos will I need and how many will my spouse need? thanks

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

Answered . Mr. Berman is quite correct. Also,

2. J Charles Ferrari

5

Answered . You appear not to have read the form instructions. Please do so. You will find that they state that you are to submit photocopies.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

5

Answered . Get a court certified copy from the County Recorder. That is what "copy" means in the context of government applications.

4. Stephen D. Berman

4

Answered . Photocopy. 1 photo of US spouse and 6 for alien.