What does " Copy of Marriage certificate" really mean on forms I-130 and I-485??

Ontario, CA |

I see that on the forms it asks for a copy of the marriage certificate, but does that mean they want a photo copy of the one I obtained from the County Recorder's or do they want the actual one , i see that they ask for copies on both forms, does that mean I need to purchase more copies from the County recorder? ... And also, how many total Passport style photos will I need and how many will my spouse need? thanks

1. Photocopy. 1 photo of US spouse and 6 for alien.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. Get a court certified copy from the County Recorder. That is what "copy" means in the context of government applications.

3. Mr. Berman is quite correct. Also,

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. You appear not to have read the form instructions. Please do so. You will find that they state that you are to submit photocopies.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics