What documents does my Zimbabwean wife need at POE on a B2 visa?

Asked 4 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

I'm a US citizen, and my wife is from Zimbabwe. We both live and work in Australia as permanent residences. In two weeks we are traveling to the states to visit my family for 4 weeks with her on a B2 visa. Originally when she applied for the visa we specified a Texas address we will be staying at. The itinerary has changed somewhat in that we are now going to L.A for 3 days and then on to the Texas address. The fourth week we are there we have a Disney trip planned in Orlando with family and then have a return trip to Sydney Australia on May 17th. Being that she is Zimbabwean and I'm a citizen I just want the POE officers to feel comfortable that we are there just as vacation and I'm not trying to keep her there.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

Answered . She should have a nonrefundable return trip ticket and evidence of her residence and employment in Australia.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . Relax. Rest assured that no one at the airport will ask any itinerary documents or other information from your wife. Once you both explain that you both live an work in the land of down under and are now just coming for vacation, and have the return tickets to prove it, she'll have no problem to be admitted. They will not give her any hard time at the airport, for even the dumbest CBP inspector will see that see is the spouse of a USC and that she can apply for and obtain a green card anytime. Welcome home!

3. Maria J. Marty

2

Answered . Take evidence of your job(s) in Australia and return ticket home. I agree it should be fine.