What documents do I need to submit with my n400 application

Madison, WI |

I have got my greencard through adjustment of status from asylum.what documents will I need to send with my n400 application and what else will I need to submit with my interview

Hello,

Have you looked at the instructions for the N-400 application already on the Immigration Services' website, www.uscis.gov, under forms, then N-400? There also is an explanation of the naturalization process, as well as study guides for the exam: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/B3en.pdf

Normally, you need to submit a copy of both sides of your green card, a copy of your birth certificate and an English translation, and the required passport photos and filing fees. You also may be required to submit copies of all marriage certificates and termination of prior marriages, if applicable (with English translations of any foreign language documents).

As well, you will be asked on the application to list all dates of travel outside the U.S. since becoming a permanent resident. If any of those trips was for more than 6 months, or if your total travel outside the U.S. during the last five years exceeded 2 years of time, then you need to consult with an immigration attorney before filing. The same is true if you have any criminal convictions or any other concerns about eligibility.

In fact, it would be a good idea to have a consultation to verify your eligibility and perhaps even to hire a licensed, experienced immigration attorney to assist you in completing the application and preparing for the interview. For help finding an immigration attorney, you can look here on Avvo, at www.aila.org, www.ImmigrationLawHelp.org, or http://www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm.

Best wishes,
Jennifer

Ms. Doerrie's answer to your question is general in nature, as not all facts and circumstances relating to the specific person(s) and situations involved are known to her. Ms. Doerrie recommends consulting with an immigration attorney regarding your specific facts and circumstances prior to making any legal decision or submitting any form or application. This response does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Ms Doerrie's assessment is excellent. I agree with her

Good luck

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

I agree with the other attorneys. Naturalization can be a complex process and you should consult with an experienced immigration attorney before applying. I recently had a gentleman come to me who was looking to naturalize. We looked at his convictions and, not only was he ineligible for naturalization, he could also be considered removable based on these convictions. Applying for naturalization would not only have resulted in a denial, but also would have put him at an increased risk of removal. I hope these issues do not apply to you, but it shows some of the problems that can come up. Good luck!