Skip to main content

What documents do I need to submit with my I-485 form.

Bronx, NY |

I just need a list of all the documents that I need to submit when sending in this form. I am married to a US citizen. All I would like to know is the lists of ALL the supporting documents to include in my AOS I-485 package.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


A copy of your marriage certificate, 8 passport pictures of you, the foreign national and 2 of the USC spouse. Also your birth certificate and English language translation and certification, as well as proof of your USC spouse's US citizenship: either a copy of a certified birth certificate or US passport. You will also need to submit your sealed medical exam results, and the USC spouse petitioner has got to submit all supporting documents accompanying the I-864 affidavit of support as listed in the Form's instructions. And don't forget to also submit your I-94 arrival /admission card which you'll have to print from the CBP website. Only send copies of everything and not originals. No need to send proof of the bona fides of your marriage, you'll bring all that to your interview.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


1) Repeat question - asked and answered; 2) the purpose of this form is not to provide help filling out legal forms - if you don't understand the forms, you need to hire an immigration attorney directly.

Gunda J. Brost Brost Law Office This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer