What documents do I need and where do I send them for additional information to be sent to the IRS for my tax return?

Asked over 1 year ago - Shelton, CT

in 2012 I have filed my taxes and my full refund was not given to me because part of my employment was not able to be verified by the employer. (the company does not mail the information to the IRS) Due to this the IRS did not give me my full refund. I have documentation stating that I am in fact an employee of this company from the State in which I live and would like to use it as proof. I have tried contacting the IRS and they have not been of assistance. Is there a form that I need to complete? In addition to this, there was exemptions that were not properly deducted and therefore were left out by the IRS. How do I go about getting these adjustments fixed? The IRS said do not file an amended return....Please Help I am so confused.

1. Steven M Zelinger

Pro

3

Answered . You need to meet with a CPA and provide all of the information you have including your return, supporting information and the notices you've received from the IRS to determine where you are in the process. It is pretty early to be dealing with issues related to 2012 taxes so it should be easier but have an experienced person look it over and determine what to do. Any notices you've received should state where to send information to. If you don't have notices the professional can call the professional services at the IRS to inquire for you.

2. Evan A Nielsen

Answered . My colleague is correct, there is a way to go about this but it's really not a do-it-yourself area. The rules, regulations, procedures and bureaucracy are substantial. If you're able, you'll be better served to get a tax attorney involved to assist.

Evan