Skip to main content

What documents are required for my daughter to have permanant residency in Mexico.

Mexico, PA |

I came to mexico with my one daughter 4 years ago to seek safety in mexico. due to a severe domestic violance situation. I know have another mexican born baby. Immigration are saying i have permanant residency, my baby but not my 8 year old. I have documents to prove all violance from court. I do not have custody of my daughter. immigration say i need custody of my daughter to have permanent residency is this true.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


This site deals with US immigration. Consult Mexican Immigration counsel.


These are Mexican immigration law questions that only Mexican immigration lawyers can answer. Not here.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Where did you come from, the US? Are you asking if you can get a US green card based on domestic violence that occurred at the hands of a US citizen spouse? It is not clear exactly what you are trying to do. It sounds like you may be asking about VAWA or U visa status, but we need more information.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer