What document I need to file a L1 visa?

Asked over 1 year ago - Kingston, NY

I own a catering company in inda almost 3 yrs and I worked as CEO in tht company. I am here as visitor B1 visa now I am going to buy 30 % of a running restaurant in new York. cost of my share of the business around 50k(30% of total value).is any ways this restaurant can file L1 visa for me .what documents we need from this restaurant and indain company to file L1 visa for me. or is any other visa I can apply to stay and run this business.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . Document? You need an employer and a lawyer who would guide you. You also need to learn who to do basic research. After all, somehow you have made your way onto AVVO.

2. Anu Gupta

Pro

3

Answered . It will depend on how stable your Indian business is. If the business will continue in your absence, L1 is a possibility. You need to talk with an attorney who will help you structure the US partnership so it qualifies to file a L1 visa.

3. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

Answered . It is not you, but the company who files the L1 petition. 30 percent will not do it.

4. Aneliya M. Angelova

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my distinguished colleagues. Consult an immigration lawyer who will be able to fully evaluate the facts and advise you accordingly.

609-271-3573. This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
  5. Dean P Murray

2

Answered . Speak to a lawyer to determine your options. You would not qualify for L1 based upon the facts you have presented.

6. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . Sorry. both the dollar figure and percentage of ownership ... plus other factors would appear to make the L not a viable choice.

I suggest you spend some money and have a private consultation with an immigration attorney to see if some other options make sense for you.

7. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

2

Answered . I suggest you read up a little about L-1 on the Department's website. Not only will it walk you with the information, but also guide you with the list of documents required. Your best option though is to talk to an immigration attorney and discuss whether this route is feasible in your case.