Skip to main content

What document I need to file a L1 visa?

Kingston, NY |

I own a catering company in inda almost 3 yrs and I worked as CEO in tht company. I am here as visitor B1 visa now I am going to buy 30 % of a running restaurant in new York. cost of my share of the business around 50k(30% of total value).is any ways this restaurant can file L1 visa for me .what documents we need from this restaurant and indain company to file L1 visa for me. or is any other visa I can apply to stay and run this business.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


Sorry. both the dollar figure and percentage of ownership ... plus other factors would appear to make the L not a viable choice.

I suggest you spend some money and have a private consultation with an immigration attorney to see if some other options make sense for you.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Document? You need an employer and a lawyer who would guide you. You also need to learn who to do basic research. After all, somehow you have made your way onto AVVO.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


It is not you, but the company who files the L1 petition. 30 percent will not do it.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:


It will depend on how stable your Indian business is. If the business will continue in your absence, L1 is a possibility. You need to talk with an attorney who will help you structure the US partnership so it qualifies to file a L1 visa.

Business Immigration Attorney with 17 years of immigration law experience. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.


I agree with my distinguished colleagues. Consult an immigration lawyer who will be able to fully evaluate the facts and advise you accordingly.

609-271-3573. This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.


I suggest you read up a little about L-1 on the Department's website. Not only will it walk you with the information, but also guide you with the list of documents required. Your best option though is to talk to an immigration attorney and discuss whether this route is feasible in your case.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.


Speak to a lawyer to determine your options. You would not qualify for L1 based upon the facts you have presented.

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website:

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer