What do you think the sentence will be

Hillsville, VA |

Assault with deadly weapon
Assault on a family member

No History of these

Assuming no criminal record, the Virginia Sentencing Guidelines recommends a score of 34, which computes to an average sentence of 2 years and 10 months.

Answered 01/21/2010. Although I have not run the guidelines for these offenses, I would suggest that you discuss with a lawyer the things that you can do to minimize any jail time. I have found that it almost always helps to do things to make yourself look a lot better to the judge and prosecutor. They might include but are not limited to medical examinations and treatment, home studies, letters of recommendation, performance evaluations from work, transcripts from school, social activities and volunteer work. Don't delay though because most of these sorts of things take some planning. Good luck with this.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

Brian Geno
Geno Law Firm
Red Maple Court Office Condominiums
10617 Jones Street, Suite 201-B
Fairfax, VA 22030
703-691-GENO (4366) Office
703-691-4774 Fax Email Web Web