What do you think of my immigration situation

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Barbara, CA

I married a USC on February 4, 2011, after a few months later in April, we sent the petition to the USCIS to get my conditional green card, got the interview sometime in mid-July, because I guess we did not provide much documentation as evidence. So they sent us home requesting more evidence, so after a month or so, seeing that we did not have any documentation still, decided to provide the USCIS with the affidavits of a few people, including my USC's parents with whom we lived (their home and their bills). My wife and I did not work throughout the year, so everything related to bills were paid for by the parents, we did not have a joint account either because my wife's credit cards were taken care of by her parents. As for me, I was looking for a job, so I did not have any expenses of my

Additional information

own. So once we sent the affidavits only, we did not hear back for another few months. Then my father overseas needed help since he had cancer, and I was waiting for my green card to arrive to go back and see him. We called the immigration to remind about myself, and in a week the card arrived at the end of November 2011. I left on 3rd of December, until July of 2012 as my father passed away in June. I worked full-time in my home country and basically relocated there while i'm USC was in the US. She filed for divorce in february 2012 (i left in december 2011 and got the card in november 2011) because she claimed that i defrauded her for g.c. and that i abandoned her. She later wrote to the USCIS accusing me of fraud. My g card is expiring this november we are divorced and i have no joint docs with her at all due to the situation above. How can I go about with my I-751 in my situation. I can provide affidavits from my friends if that helps.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . I am sorry for the loss of your father.

    But, you have problems BIG .. HUGE .. GIGANTIC problems.

    Meet with an attorney .. there are many in your area. Or, you can search Avvo, and here: www.ailalawyer.com

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  2. Rodrigo Ivan Canido

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It will be hard to refute what your wife already said to USCIS. Perhaps trying to talk with her about this will help, but either way, talk to an immigration attorney for a more detailed evaluation of what can be done.


    LORIC, Immigration Solutions

    (Free Initial Consultation)

    Rodrigo Ivan Canido
    Managing Attorney

    3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
    Santa Clara, CA 95054
    Tel: 650-279-5933
    Email: rcanido@loric.net.in

    The response given is general in nature and does not create an attorney / client relationship. The answer given... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . That you absolutely need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,682 answers this week

3,133 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,682 answers this week

3,133 attorneys answering