Skip to main content

What do you do when you do not hav sufficient funds for a laywer but we plan on suing for false arrest?

Long Branch, NJ |

someone was falsely arrested and we do not have the sufficient funds for a laywer but we plan on suing afterwards. no one wants to look into our case. what do we do?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Many law firms do not handle these types of cases for the difficulty in handling them. (It's not easy to sue the police). My advice for you would be to contact the bar association in New Jersey and ask for a recommendation to a police brutality/civil rights law firm. They should be able to point you in the right directioin. Here is there contact info:

    Also, as the above commenter said, most firms will take these cases on a contingency basis--meaning they will take care of the up-front costs of the case and will not charge you money unless they are successful.

    This should not be construed as legal advice or the making of an attorney-client relationship. this information is purely for informational purposes and should be treated as such.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics