What do you do when you do not hav sufficient funds for a laywer but we plan on suing for false arrest?

Asked over 3 years ago - Long Branch, NJ

someone was falsely arrested and we do not have the sufficient funds for a laywer but we plan on suing afterwards. no one wants to look into our case. what do we do?

1. Nicholas Paul Baker

1

Answered . Many law firms do not handle these types of cases for the difficulty in handling them. (It's not easy to sue the police). My advice for you would be to contact the bar association in New Jersey and ask for a recommendation to a police brutality/civil rights law firm. They should be able to point you in the right directioin. Here is there contact info: http://www.njsba.com/

Also, as the above commenter said, most firms will take these cases on a contingency basis--meaning they will take care of the up-front costs of the case and will not charge you money unless they are successful.

2. Daniel Paul Buttafuoco

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys

One or more answers have been taken down.