What do you do when someone at work keeps putting down you and treating you like crap in front of people in a derogatory way.

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

Some things are, shoot go away, do you not understand English, and I'm Spanish, can you find some where to go I'm talking go do something can you make your self disappears or go away, (mean while if you want to talk private then leave this is what I'm saying in my head and go somewhere not at the hospital in triage at the nurses station where I work). Other times she push me and no one has not done anything about it not even HR all they did was send me a class to work to get alone with her that all mandatory. But it is still continue and I love my job. And is hard to find a job.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Peter Russo

    Contributor Level 3


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . As you probably know, you are in a tough situation. It sounds like you may be experiencing a personality conflict. Assuming that is the case, there may not be much you can do other than take matters to HR (as previously suggested).

    On the other hand, if you think it is because of your ethnic background, you have the right to file a complaint with the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission.

    Remember you have 180 days to file that complaint.

  2. David Gary Jones

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . Continue to do your job to your best ability. Limit complaints to the extent possible. Report the more egregious conduct to your HR representative.

    Otherwise, if you in an at-will state, you must be careful to maintain your job.

    Please check the law of your state

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,788 answers this week

2,940 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,788 answers this week

2,940 attorneys answering