Skip to main content

What do you do when an attorney messes up... bad?

San Jose, CA |

My attorney failed to file for retroactivity on my case, when she clearly told me she did. There is even proof in a court document of her intent to file. I am now told that I will not get credit for years of a custody change. Because of this I have a mounting arrears and IRS problem. And now she's letting another custody issue (in my favor) slide. I haven't received a bill in years, even though I have asked several times. Her billing person has no idea what my balance is. Now she's asking for more money to continue my case. I cannot afford another attorney and need restitution and/or resolution on this case. Where can I turn? Help!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


One place to start is the California Bar. Below is a link to their page relating to complaints against attorneys. They will initiate an investigation and your lawyer will have to explain herself.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer