Skip to main content

What do you do when a lawless county 3000 miles away from you enters a lawless judgment against you?

Providence, RI |

I sent an email to my brokerage accusing them of a potential SEC violation in federal court (work product) and I was sued under anticipatory breach of the forum clause to bring actions exclusively in King County, WA. It went right to summary judgment for no damages and the court approved $14,000 (Fourteen Thousand) in attorney's fees for this declaratory frivolous SLAPP action. I wasn't even provided service for the lawsuit. This has happened to me before exclusively in King County, WA. I continue to get no notice lawsuits and expedient judgments entered against me there. I have considered a federal RICO suit against the judge, attorney, and county. This isn't even to mention that the lawyer settled with me then withdrew the settlement. I work in Warwick, RI as a CEO.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Your best bet is to hire an attorney in WA and challenge the judgment. If they attempt to domesticate the judgment in RI, you could challenge it on certain limited grounds, but you lose some options if you don't challenge it in the original jurisdiction.

    Good luck.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics