Skip to main content

What do you do in a situation if family court only including one child and both of my children witnessed sexual abuse?

New York, NY |

My daughter and son has been a victim of sexual abuse. my daughter's father was looking at phonography on his cell phone, and masturbating in front of them. Also after my daughter father finished, he put his fingers on my son nose. The second occasion is when my daughter visited with her father for a month in Virginia. He also performed the same sexual act, and also was sleeping in the same bed with my daughter; she was only seven at the time. he kiss her arm sexually. she was screaming. When she would call me she asked me not to tell him that she called me. he also was touching her breast sexually, and he also was indulging in drugs such as cocaine and alcohol. he also is a child abuser. I really trusted him but what can I do. because know one contacted the cops.

Attorney Answers 3


I would not understand when you say "Family Court" isn't including one of the children. Family Court doesn't file petitions - either ACS filed a petition or you did. Either way, the petition can be amended to include the other child. As such, you should consult a NYC Child Abuse lawyer for a full assessment of the situation.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Speak with a family law attorney and bring in a copy of all the paperwork.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Just because "no one contacted the cops" then doesn't mean you can't report it now. After talking to a lawyer about the family court matter, call the police or prosecuting attorneys office(s) in the place(s) where each of the incidents occurred.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your area who regularly practices in the subject matter which your question is about. You should develop an attorney client relationship with the lawyer of your choice so that your communications will be subject to the attorney client privilege and have the other benefits of a professional relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific matter as partially described in the question.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics