What do you do if involved in a auto accident and u have no ins but the other party does. u are at fault.

Asked about 4 years ago - Atlanta, GA

no police were called to the scene. willing to work out payment arrangment but the other driver is not willing
.

1. Johnny Ramirez Castaneda

1

Answered . You have some defenses to what you have described. You need to hire an attorney to assist you.

Contact this office if you have any further questions.

PLEASE NOTE: THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes on a general website comment page only. Actual legal advice from this office can only be provided after consultation directly in person with an attorney from our office. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

2. James Martin Roth

1

Answered . My advise would be to contact an experienced attorney asap to help facilitate a settlement agreement. This is a VERY serious situation.

Good Luck!

3. Jeffrey Michael Donato

1

Answered . Typically when you don't have insurance, you are in violation of state law. In NY, where I practice, failure to keep insurance is against the law. That being said, you could be open to criminal or civil repercussions.

You could be sued by the other driver, and help personally responsible for the injuries/damages. It does not matter if the police were called to the scene or not. If you caused the accident, you are responsible for the damages you caused too. Good luck.

I would check with a local criminal attorney and/or personal injury defense attorney if you have any questions. Good luck.

THIS RESPONSE DOES NOT IMPLY OR CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP IS IMPLIED OR CREATED BY RESPONDING OR FAILING TO RESPOND TO THIS RESPONSE. THIS RESPONSE DOES NOT PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE. FOR LEGAL ADVICE, YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN ATTORNEY.