What do you advice an American mother to do?

New York, NY |

What do you advice an American mother to do? She has a daughter with an illegal alien. When the US border patrol arrested the father of her US born daughter, her daughter was with him. Less than 24 hours later he was deported to Mexico and the US border patrol allowed him to take his/her US born daughter to Mexico. The mother did not know that her daughter was missing until four days later. Reasons she went out of town for a week and left her daughter with the child’s biological father. The US border patrol was not able to locate her. The mother knows that her daughter is in Mexico with her father, and it would be very difficult for Mexican police to her in Mexico.

1. Contact the FBI.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. Consult with a family law attorney in your area.

Please note that this posting does not constitute legal advice or create any attorney-client relationship with the inquirer. Avvo is a useful forum to obtain general information on legal issues, but is not a substitute for direct, confidential consultation with an attorney in any legal matter.

3. If this is a real situation call the FBI. However, there have been many versions of this story posted here in the past month so I am suspect.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Child custody topics