What do we do now, Our bank account was frozen by a court ordered levy?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Green Valley, AZ

our joint bank account was frozen, from a debt collection agency for state back taxes my husband owes, we had just paid out some bills that are now coming back as insuffcient funds. what can we do?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. John N Skiba

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . You will need to contat the government agency and set up a payment plan. Only then will then will the account be released.

  2. Dean David Paolucci

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Make arrangements to pay the bill. Perhaps if you set up a payment plan with the State, they will unfreeze the account.

    If you have other debts, you may also want to consider filing bankruptcy, however, the State tax bill is very likely NOT a dischargeable debt. (most government debts are not dischargeable)

    Please check the thumbs up button below if this answer is helpful to you, thanks!

    Very truly yours,

    Dean D. Paolucci, Attorney at Law
    Select Legal, PC
    P> 800-825-7010
    E> Dean@SelectLegal.com


    Disclaimer: This e-mail or other correspondence does NOT create an
    attorney client relationship. This e-mail or other correspondence
    represents a general overview of law developments and should not
    be relied upon without an independent, professional analysis of how
    any of these provisions may apply to a specific legal situation. Any
    information contained in this communication was not intended or
    written to be used, and cannot be used, by the recipient for the purpose
    of legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,183 answers this week

3,031 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,183 answers this week

3,031 attorneys answering