What do we do if a family member is being detained by ICE in a different state for illegal alien status?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Detroit, MI

The detainee was stopped while changing buses for work. He has no prior record and is over 50. His son is a legal us citizen, but we were told there is nothing we can do. He has family obligation here in the states and is afraid to return to Mexico....please help..

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Andrew Wilson

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . You should strongly consider contacting an experienced immigration attorney in the city where the individual is detained to see if release on bond is possible, to determine what relief from removal may be available and to potentially represent the individual in immigration proceedings.


    Andrew M. Wilson, Esq.
    Serotte Reich Wilson, LLP

One or more answers have been taken down.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

18,744 answers this week

2,444 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

18,744 answers this week

2,444 attorneys answering