Skip to main content

What do u do if you haven't filed 2012 1040 but did file timely extension how would you response on Interrogatories?

Miami, FL |

already provided 2012 w-2 and in my response to Interrogatories wrote that I filed extension. Is more required??? since I have until October to file 1040

Attorney Answers 3


First, talk to your lawyer if you are represented. Second, the answer would depend on the wording of the question. More information is needed to provide an appropriate response.

Call (904) 339-5338 to schedule your free consultation and case evaluation. Please note that the answer provided above is not intended as legal advice and no attorney-client relationship results from this posting.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Don't take this the wrong way but your question is a train wreck. You have tagged tax, and it seems that you do have a tax-related question, but you have also tagged "interrogation", and your question has nothing to do with "interrogation"; rather it appears that you are involved in some sort of (presumably) civil lawsuit where you have been served with "interrogatories" (which are written questions that are traditionally submitted to a party in a civil lawsuit pursuant to the discovery process, and which are required to be answered under oath within a specific time frame - "interrogation", in contrast, is traditionally a verbal questioning of a subject by law enforcement pursuant to a criminal investigation and which implicates the 5th Amendment to the US Constitution).

If you want any sort of competent answer to your question then you must delete and resubmit this question, albeit properly tagged. Do not tag "interrogation", tag "interrogatories" (if you can), and also tag whatever type of lawsuit (or other matter) that you are involved in (i.e. "civil law", "civil lawsuit", "defamation of character", "breach of contract", "dissolution", etcetera) such that the appropriate type of lawyer will see it, and hopefully respond with solid advise. (The "interrogation" tag attracts criminal defense lawyers like me - most of whom salivate when we see "interrogation" but who quickly run for the hills when the subject changes to "interrogatories".)

You might also try asking your lawyer this question or, if you are not presently represented, then you might consider hiring one (... it certainly appears as though you could use some solid counsel in your corner).

Either way best of luck!

First, second and third: No attorney-client relationship exists by virtue of any Q&A with Michael A. Haber, Esq. on Avvo. Fourth: Anything that you post on Avvo (or on similar sites) or on any social media is by its nature public. It is essentially an admission / confession and can be introduced into evidence as a statement against your interest in a subsequent legal proceeding. Once posted you lose any reasonable expectation of privacy, so, as this is an open forum (with no privilege attached), please be extra careful when considering what to post online (forewarned is forearmed.)

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


If you have been sent a request for production of documents, you may be able to object to producing the tax return as a privileged communication. Plus, you can't produce something you don't have. What does your attorney say?

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics