What do to?

Asked about 1 year ago - Grove City, OH

I was in a car accident it was the.other drivers fault and my insurance expired but made a payment after the.accident will my insurance.cover me .

I have progressive

1. Daniel Arthur Romaine

Pro

1

Answered . This is a tough spot. If the policy truly lapsed and the insurer notified you properly, then paying the premium now will not provide coverage for this accident. If the accident was the other drivers fault, then you should be ok and the lack of coverage on your vehicle may not come into play. Of course, you should pay the premium to reinstate your policy regardless as that is the law and it will protect you moving forward. Be sure to inquire about uninsured motorist coverage under your policy. This is important protection for you and your family.

2. George Costas Andriotis

1

Answered . The at fault drivers insurance should cover your property damages and your injuries. Consult an attorney ASAP. If you made payment following the crash your insurance will not apply.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. Merry Melinda Fountain

Pro

1

Answered . Progressive won't cover you if your insurance lapsed, but if the other driver has insurance their insurance will cover you. If you were injured you should seek medical treatment and obtain a consultation from a local personal injury attorney.

Pro

1

Answered . The other driver's insurance