What do order-issue ACAP/OFF BOND & Capias surety to surrender mean

New Braunfels, TX |

o

1. Sounds like the bondsman turned in the bond - got off - surrendered - so there is a warrant for the person.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220

2. The bond company went off the bond and a capias warrant was issued for the defendant. There are several different ways an attorney may be able to fix this. I would hire one asap if you don't already have one.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

3. Whoever this relates to likely has an open arrest warrant now. Many judges in New Braunfels say these words (that you have listed here) in court when someone fails to show up. I know the judges here. My practice is in New Braunfels. You can email me at mkyle@kylelawfirm.com or call 830.237.6191 if you need to get in touch with me to discuss this further. Thanks for contacting us. You may also see my website at www.kylelawfirm.com

The answer provided by counsel in the AVVO forum is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information is opinion only and given free of charge without full understanding of all facts and the law applicable to any question-poster's individual circumstances. The best advice is to take the question from this volunteer forum to a more formal communication with a practitioner in the specialty area indicated by the nature of the claim.

4. Be prepared to go to jail or post a new bond.
    Paul J. Smith
    Board Certified Criminal Law
    Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
    830 832-1534
    www.pauljsmithlaw.com,,
    651 S. Walnut, Suite D # 228
    New Braunfels, Texas 78130

5. It would appear that the bondsman has filed an affidavit for realese of surety, meaning the bond company has gone off the bond and requested the court to place a hold if in custody elsewhere or a warrant if the client is not yet in custody.

DUI court topics