What do I put under "I am applying for permanent resident adjustment of status because:" section of an i-485?

Asked over 1 year ago - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I will be filing an I-130 for my parent who overstayed their i-94. I was told she could file the i-485 and i-130 together. However, that means she doesn't yet have approval for a visa. Not sure how to proceed on this.

1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

4

1

Answered . It is correct you can file the I130 and i485 together as an Adjustment of Status packet. But there are a host of other forms that must accompany these two. Consult with an attorney who can help you properly petition for your mother.

2. Carlos E Sandoval

4

Best Answer

Answered . I am assuming that you are over the age of 21. If that's the case, yes you can file all the documents concurrently eventhough there's not an I-130 approved yet.

3. Haroen Calehr

Pro

4

Answered . You should hire competent counsel to help you with this. But yes, all the applications are filed concurrently. You will be interviewed and if she is approved she will get her green card. A lot of forms, procedures and evidence goes into this simplified statement though and I would at a minimum consult with competent counsel instead of blindly sending in some forms.