What do i put for the Civil Case Cover Sheet box on the CM-010 form for Name Change? is it unlimited or limited?

Asked over 1 year ago - Sacramento, CA

i am a minor filling this out because my parents dont know how to read english.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is unlimited jurisdiction.

    On the Civil Cover Sheet (CM-010), you put "Petition of ______(whomever is the petitioner)" as indicated on the front page of the petition, NC-100.

    Unfortunately, if you are a minor, you cannot be the petitioner. See:


    Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is... more
  2. Frederic March Douglas

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Go to WWW.courts.call.gov/self-help . In the lower left, you should see some links on name changes.

    You have not provided sufficient information to adequately address your issues. You should not rely on this... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,478 answers this week

3,158 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,478 answers this week

3,158 attorneys answering