What do i plead to a traffic infraction to receive a deferral program or driving school to offset the points?

it was a failure to yield the right of way ticket which resulted in an accident . also it occurred in Indiana but i am an Illinois driver .

Chicago, IL -

Attorney Answers (4)

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Mokena, IL

You may be an Illinois licensed driver but you have an Indiana offense. You should retain an Indiana attorney to assist you.

Ted Harvatin

Ted Harvatin

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Springfield, IL

You need an Indiana lawyer

Lars A. Lundeen

Lars A. Lundeen

Personal Injury Lawyer - Rutland, VT

I suggest that you hire a local Indiana traffic defense attorney to represent you. He or she will best know the way to proceed.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.
Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Criminal Defense Attorney - Chicago, IL

My colleagues are correct. You need to consult an attorney licensed in Indiana as soon as possible. Do NOT wait until the last minute. It would be helpful for you to tell us where/what county in Indiana. Please fee free to ask more questions. Good luck.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr.... more

Related Topics

Personal injury accidents

The most common personal injury accidents are the result of traffic accidents. These include accidents involving cars, motorcycles, bikes, and more.

Traffic Tickets

A traffic ticket is issued for moving or non-moving vehicle violations. Potential consequences include fines, license penalties, traffic school, or jail.

Featured Legal Guides

Kenneth Albert Vercammen

Careless Driving

by attorney

39:4-97. A person who drives a vehicle carelessly, or without due caution and circumspection, in a manner so as to endanger, or be likely to endanger,... more

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.