What do I need when seeing a immigration lawyer

Schenectady, NY |
Filed under: Immigration

I'm getting marry to this guy who is legal and I don't know what I'll need to take for the court or my lawyer what are the documents that I will be needed ?

Mr. Beer is correct. Your lawyer will tell you what you need before coming to his/her office. The evidence needed depends on your situation. It would be impossible to get the list here. By the way, I would STRONGLY encourage you to speak to a lawyer BEFORE you marry for reasons that the lawyer will explain.

But do you know about how much will it all coast some one told 10,000

Eric Elliot Ludin

Eric Elliot Ludin

$10,000!!!! I have never heard of such a high fee for a family visa. No, that is uncommonly high. The fee should be less than $5,000, and possibly much less. I could not quote a precise fee to handle this without speaking with you first. Feel free to call my office or another experienced immigration lawyer for a more accurate quote.

Eric Elliot Ludin

Eric Elliot Ludin

Also, please check out the article I wrote on avvo on fee arrangements in immigration cases. http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-fee-arrangement-is-best-for-an-immigration-matter

Ask your attorney what he/she needs.

This communication does not create an attorney client relationship. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me at any time at either (770)955-1785 or (678)576-9394 or via e-mail at bob@bobbeer.com. THINK IMMIGRATION - THINK BOB BEER

All immigration papers, plus anything that could be relevant to what you want to accomplish.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

The lawyer will tell you what to bring. If you are still searching for one, my firm handles marriage based immigration in New York.
Regards,
Nicklaus Misiti, Esq.
212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.