What do I need two people to sign that I introduced that keeps me safe, where they cant go around me and work together?

New York, NY |

one person has certain domain names that a web developer wants to build sites on them. I introduced the two and we want to create a partnership between all three partners to make sites on those specific domain names and we will be getting 1/3 each of all the profits.One person is contributing the domain names.The other person is developing the websites. And i just introduced the two.I am scared that down the line they are going to tell me i dont deserve a 1/3 for just introducing them. What do i say in the partnership that they are not allowed to go around me?

Have an attorney reduce your agreement to a written partnership agreement signed by all three parties.

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all copies and attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. IRS Circular 230 Notice: Unless specifically stated otherwise, any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this communication shall not be deemed to be legal or tax advice, and no attorney-client relationship shall be deemed to have been created.

I agree with my colleague. This comes down to a private contract between you and the other parties involved. How you engage in this depends. It can be a proper Joint Venture where a new entity is created or more of a Strategic Alliance where the parties merely enter into an agreement and share in revenues from the venture each contributing value.

It might make sense to discuss with a lawyer in private . Most of us here, including myself, offer a free phone consult and I too am in NYC.

Best regards,
Natoli-Lapin, LLC
(see Disclaimer)

The law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC (Home of Lantern Legal Services) offers our flat-rate legal services in the areas of business law and intellectual property to entrepreneurs, small-to-medium size businesses, independent inventors and artists across the nation and abroad. Feel free to call for a free phone consultation; your inquiries are always welcome: CONTACT: 866-871-8655 DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business