What do I need to present in order to vacate a judgment?

Chicago, IL |

Our HOA Board obtained a judgment against me, and I just recently paid off the association debt. What do I need to accompany the motion to vacate judgment? Can owner's ledger (balance = 0 or having credits in it)? Do I need an attorney for it?

Thank you very much for your answer in advance.

1. It is probably too late to vacate the judgment.

Furthermore, since it appears you paid the judgment, you might only be entitled to a satisfaction of judgment .

2. If you paid the judgment, you need a release and satisfaction of judgment. Make sure your record the release.

3. You must also be current with your assessments (in addition to having paid off the judgment). Once you're current and have paid the judgment, you can file a motion to vacate the judgment. See 735 ILCS 5/9-111. Get a statement from the HOA showing that you are current in payments and have paid the judgment. If the HOA has rented your unit to a tenant, you may not be able to recover possession until the tenant's lease expires.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney to discuss the particulars of your case.