Skip to main content

What do I need to leave the united states for a month or so, and come back without complications?

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

I am 18 years old and been living here for 12 years now, I have a work permit, and need to go to El Salvador ASAP .

Attorney Answers 3


Without more information regarding your status it is impossible to say.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Are you requesting advance parole?

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


How did you get your work permit? Was it thru DACA? If so, then you must request an Advance Parole showing compelling reasons why you must leave. You can only leave AFTER your AP is approved.

It's best to consult with an immigration attorney to assess your options. Good luck.

[This answer is for general purposes only; it does not constitute advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics