What do I need to include in a lis pendens response?

Asked 8 months ago - Jacksonville, FL

First off, I am in the process of finding an attorney. Everyone that answers my questions tells me that is what I need to do, and I am working on it. I received a notice of lis pendens and I have 5 days left to respond by mail, so I need to know what information has to be included in that response. I work for the next three days, and have off Thursday and Friday, but it is due on Friday, so I'm not sure that I will have time to consult an attorney and have the filing complete on time. I want to file the response just to make sure that I don't lose my house by default. Do they want to know if I plan on paying my overdue HOA fees? That I am consulting an attorney? What are they looking for in terms of a response? Is there specific documentation that is required?

1. Margery Ellen Golant

Pro

4

1

Answered . You should NOT provide any information. This is an extreme,ly dangerous point for you, and be sure that anything you say can and will be used against you. It is impossible for someone on a web site you dissect your case and advise you. Just file a Motion for Enlargemrnt of Time tomRespond, say that you are in the process of obtaining counsel. File that with the Clerk and serve a copy on the Plaintiff law firm. Then make sure you getting an attorney. He motion for enlargement will give you a little extra time. The exact amount will depend on the court and on the plaintiff law firm and what they do next,so waste no time

2. Richard Paul Zaretsky

Pro

2

1

Answered . Read what everyone told you - get an attorney and DO NOT do this yourself. If your answer is due in 5 days, find the attorney before then and retain him or her to respond to the complaint. The attorney can get more time to respond and properly frame the response to your situation.

3. Barbara Billiot Stage

Pro

Answered . Follow the advice of Ms. Golant and motion for an extension of time to answer. Clearly from you questions you do not understand the process and you could end up hurting your case unintentionally. Many foreclosure attorneys provide services for a fixed monthly fee so you can budget the costs.