What do I need to do to stop or terminate a child support order in Maryland?

Asked about 2 years ago - Baltimore, MD

My ex and I have come to an agreement with the expenses and living arrangement of my son which we are signing and did not go to court for it. I would like information as to what is the most affordable way to stop the court order or get a court order to stop child support.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Answered . You can file a motion in your case to modify or terminate child support. Attach your written agreement to your motion, along with your affidavit. You would do well to consult with an attorney and gain a little more insight into the process. You may reach me at (410) 381-1656 if you would like further help. David Mahood, Esq.

    This answer is NOT legal advice and is GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY and does NOT establish an Attorney/Client... more

Related Topics

Ending child support

State laws vary as to when child support actually ends, but many set it at the age of majority (legal adulthood) or upon the child's high school graduation.

Child support enforcement

Child support enforcement is generally handled by the state. Enforcement methods can include withholding income, tax refund offsets, and license suspension.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

37,067 answers this week

3,907 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

37,067 answers this week

3,907 attorneys answering