What do I need to do to stop or terminate a child support order in Maryland?

Baltimore, MD |

My ex and I have come to an agreement with the expenses and living arrangement of my son which we are signing and did not go to court for it. I would like information as to what is the most affordable way to stop the court order or get a court order to stop child support.

1. You can file a motion in your case to modify or terminate child support. Attach your written agreement to your motion, along with your affidavit. You would do well to consult with an attorney and gain a little more insight into the process. You may reach me at (410) 381-1656 if you would like further help. David Mahood, Esq.

This answer is NOT legal advice and is GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY and does NOT establish an Attorney/Client Relationship because you have not retained me and because you have not provided me with a COMPLETE set of all the FACTS in your legal situation. Therefore my answer cannot address your specific legal situation and you should not rely upon my answer in your legal matter. This answer is merely provided to assist you in beginning your own research or in finding an attorney to represent you. I am an attorney licensed in Maryland and California. A Consultation, Retainer and a fully signed and dated Legal Services Agreement (a contract) will be required if you would like to obtain my representation. Office: (410) 381-1656. David Mahood, Esq.

Child support topics