Skip to main content

What do I need to do to put my wifes name on my home title

Phoenix, AZ |

I bought the home we were together but not married

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If you have title insurance, a warranty deed is preferable. Contact your title insurance company to see if they will prepare a deed for you, or hire a local attorney. A mistake on the deed can be costly later. An additional recommendation is to consult an estate planning attorney to assist in planning your estate as well as to consider any other issues, such as asset protection or probate avoidance.

The above "answer" is for discussion purposes only and is neither intended as legal advice nor to create an attorney-client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is not created until after an in person consultation and I agree in writing to provide representation. I am licensed solely in the state of Arizona. You should consult with a knowledgeable attorney in your jurisdiction.


Quit claim deed or warranty deed.

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer