What do i need to do to get my parenting time if not custody of my daughter?

Asked about 1 year ago - Beaverton, OR

i have delt with Dhs since 2007 and they put my daughter in her grandmothers temporary gaurdianship in 2010 and i have been trying to get more parenting time with her but her grandmother recently has refused to allow me to see her at her home and i was awarded at the minimum of 1 hour a month of parenting time with my daughter. i need help and more information on what i can do to get my time with my child. the grandmother is tribal and the tribe has threatened me with removal of my parental rights if i file any action to regain custody.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jay Bodzin

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It's clear from the question that your situation is far more complicated than you've described here. Which is fine - you're wise not to post too many facts on the internet: this forum is not at all private. You need to consult with an attorney who is familiar with both custody and juvenile law and the Indian Child Welfare Act, if a tribal government and DHS are involved.

    Please read the following notice:

    Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,199 answers this week

3,084 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,199 answers this week

3,084 attorneys answering