What do i need to do to get my parenting time if not custody of my daughter?

Beaverton, OR |

i have delt with Dhs since 2007 and they put my daughter in her grandmothers temporary gaurdianship in 2010 and i have been trying to get more parenting time with her but her grandmother recently has refused to allow me to see her at her home and i was awarded at the minimum of 1 hour a month of parenting time with my daughter. i need help and more information on what i can do to get my time with my child. the grandmother is tribal and the tribe has threatened me with removal of my parental rights if i file any action to regain custody.

It's clear from the question that your situation is far more complicated than you've described here. Which is fine - you're wise not to post too many facts on the internet: this forum is not at all private. You need to consult with an attorney who is familiar with both custody and juvenile law and the Indian Child Welfare Act, if a tribal government and DHS are involved.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: jay@northwestlawoffice.com | Online: www.northwestlawoffice.com