What do I need to do to file for child support modification?

Hobart, IN |

My daughter is 18, a high school drop out, and has a 2 month old baby.

In Indiana, a child is emancipated when they reach the age of 19. However, you still need to file a Petition for Emancipation with the Court. At the age of 18, there are certain factors set out in the Indiana Code which need to be considered in order to determine if emancipation or modification of support is proper. You should contact an attorney to discuss your particular situation to determine your best course of action.

Disclaimer: The communication with the law firm or one of its attorneys through the internet or the use of the form on this page does not create an attorney client relationship. The attorney you are communicating with may not choose to accept the case. The attorney client relationship comes about only when we accept the case and you enter into a contract with us. As we all know the internet is not necessarily a secure environment and your email may be intercepted and read by others thus you should not believe that what you send will remain confidential.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support