What do I need to do to file a motion to file for a revision for child support order?

What do I have to serve my spouse? My income will be changing From what it was when ordered and signed by judge.

Tacoma, WA -

Dave Hawkins

Dave Hawkins

Family Law Attorney - Seattle, WA

You have to file a motion for revision within 10 days of the order being signed. If it is filed 11 days after, the motion will not be heard. There is no standard format for a Motion for Revision nor is there a form. It wold be best to hire an attorney if you are contemplating such action

Sponsored Listing
Teresa Lynn Border

Teresa Lynn Border

Family Law Attorney - Spokane, WA

If the order was recently made, then a Motion for Revision is properly made within 10 days. If the child support order has been in place for longer and there is a substantial change of circumstances, you may instead be seeking a modification of the child support order. If that is the case, you need to file for Modification for child support and the corresponding paperwork with it. You can find the forms you need by looking up Washington state court forms on the internet. Good luck.

Frances Turean

Frances Turean

Family Law Attorney - Seattle, WA

Mr. Hawkins is correct.

Related Advice

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.