Skip to main content

What do I need to do to bring my stepson to the United States from El Salvador?

Richmond, IN |
Filed under: Immigration

My stepson is eight years old and he is very sick. I have been married to his father for 6 years but he is illegal. I was trying to find out what I needed to do to bring him to the United States legally from El Salvador.

Attorney Answers 3


You may want to consider adopting him. Give me a call and I will give you a free consultation regarding this.
Nick Misiti
Misiti Global, PLLC.
716 830 7960

Mark as helpful


You can go to El Salvador and adopt him. You can get the waiver from his father. But, where is the child's mother? You will need to hire an attorney who can help you with the Adoption process in El Salvador.

After you adopt the child, you can file an immigration petition for him to enter the U.S.

If you have any further immigration questions, contact our law firm for a confidential consultation.

Good luck.

Nikiki T. Bogle, Esq.

Immigration Legal Team
Bogle & Chang LLC
Phone: (800) 342-1733 ext. 101
Serving Immigration Clients in All 50 States and Foreign Countries

Mark as helpful


If you are married to the father you can apply for him to come in legally as a lawful permanent resident.
You can contact me to discuss this further if you wish.
Adoption may not serve your best interest until the child is in the US as there is a 2 year residency issue to overcome.
Once you bring him in you can adopt him.
On another note,you may wish to rectify your husband's status also.
You are welcome to use the link provided below.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics