What do i need to do to apply for Obama's new immigration law for young immigrants?

Salt Lake City, UT |

I am 18 years old and graduated from high school, I don't have a criminal record and I have lived in the U.S since I was 1 year old. To my knowledge, I meet all the listed requirements to apply for Obama's immigration law that allows young immigrants to get a work permit. so my question is, what steps do i need to take in order to obtain that permit?

School records, proof of being in the US on June 15, 2012. You can read the list at

Robert West

Robert West

The final rules come on on August 15. You need to wait until then to apply.

The forms and list of requirements to apply for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals were released earlier this afternoon. You can find them on

The DREAM Act has not yet been enacted into law. Under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) which was announced on June 15, 2012, graduation or completion of high school is sufficient. You do not need to be enrolled or have graduated from college.

It may be advisable that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney to determine your eligibility for deferred action and any risks in applying.

This is provided for informational purposes and intended to convey only general information. The information provided does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration