What do I need to do in the court room? What am I walking into?

Asked about 1 year ago - Lilburn, GA

I got caught shoplifting at Walmart. It was $40 worth of stuff. It was merchandise like Washclothes, toothbrushes, underwear, a bra, and towels. It for my brother and I cause at the time, my mother had shipped us off to our dad's cause she had mentally and physically broke down. My court date is this coming tuesday. I have no money for a lawyer.

1. Phillip Darrell Kimbrell

8

Answered . ask for the judge to appoint a public defender to represent you

2. Zachary Walter Procter

Pro

4

Answered . Go to my profile (click on my name) and read my legal guide on Diversion. If you have never been in trouble before, that is probably going to be applicable to you. You always should try to have a lawyer represent you, and if you can't afford one, you should ask the court to appoint one to you. There are simply too many risks to try to handle any criminal matter on your own.

3. Noah Howard Pines

Pro

4

Answered . Ask for a public defender.