What do i need to do if parent with custody wants to give up her rights and give them to me but not go threw court

Asked about 4 years ago - Houston, TX

My ex and i have a 5 year old daughter she needs to leave Texas to go to Miami for personal matters but knowing i won't give permission she's willing to give me full custody over my daughter to me but doesn't have enough time or money to get an attorney or wait for court.... Can i just get a letter from her or what will i need to do.....please help asap

1. Eric Lee Gruetzner

Answered . To get orders that will give you what you want, it will have to go through the court system.

Good luck,
    Eric Gruetzner
    www.ericgruetzner.com

2. Mekisha Jane Walker

Answered . You EX needs to sign an affidavit of relinquishment. You need to do this right. Talk to a family law attorney. I suggest Stephanie Proffitt. 713.224.3400. Good Luck.

3. Hubert Ray Steinmann

Answered . No, a letter will not suffice, you will need a modifciation or SAPCR to make this change legal. Feel free to call my office to set up a free consultation regarding the specifics of this matter.