What do i need to be concerned about when applying for naturalization?

San Jose, CA |

I am getting ready to apply for citizenship shortly. I have a prior Expedited removal with a 5 year ban which was waived by a I-212 waiver around 2.5 year into the ban. Please let me know what should be my highest concerns during the naturalization process. Is it imperative that i have representation at the interview. Please advice about all possible scenarios.

Dear questioner,

It's impossible to cover the spectrum of issues that may arise and should be assessed prior to application. This is why a personal consultation with an attorney is important - so he or she can address not some obscure possibilities, but your facts and issues.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

Your question is too complex and/or case specific for it to be answered meaningfully on Avvo.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I agree with my colleagues. Only an attorney familiar with the facts of your case can advise you about the risks you may face. I strongly recommend you retain an attorney to help you or wait until you have saved the money for an attorney before you take action.

Recommended articles about Immigration