What do i need to be concerned about when applying for naturalization?

Asked about 2 years ago - San Jose, CA

I am getting ready to apply for citizenship shortly. I have a prior Expedited removal with a 5 year ban which was waived by a I-212 waiver around 2.5 year into the ban. Please let me know what should be my highest concerns during the naturalization process. Is it imperative that i have representation at the interview. Please advice about all possible scenarios.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your question is too complex and/or case specific for it to be answered meaningfully on Avvo.

    You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts and handle the case.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. Veronica Tunitsky

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Dear questioner,

    It's impossible to cover the spectrum of issues that may arise and should be assessed prior to application. This is why a personal consultation with an attorney is important - so he or she can address not some obscure possibilities, but your facts and issues.

    The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an... more
  3. Wendy Renee Whitt

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Only an attorney familiar with the facts of your case can advise you about the risks you may face. I strongly recommend you retain an attorney to help you or wait until you have saved the money for an attorney before you take action.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US citizenship

In order to become US citizens and enjoy the benefits that citizenship grants, immigrants must go through the naturalization process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,520 answers this week

3,404 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,520 answers this week

3,404 attorneys answering