What do i need to be concerned about when applying for naturalization?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Jose, CA

I am getting ready to apply for citizenship shortly. I have a prior Expedited removal with a 5 year ban which was waived by a I-212 waiver around 2.5 year into the ban. Please let me know what should be my highest concerns during the naturalization process. Is it imperative that i have representation at the interview. Please advice about all possible scenarios.

1. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Your question is too complex and/or case specific for it to be answered meaningfully on Avvo.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts and handle the case.

2. Veronica Tunitsky

2

Answered . Dear questioner,

It's impossible to cover the spectrum of issues that may arise and should be assessed prior to application. This is why a personal consultation with an attorney is important - so he or she can address not some obscure possibilities, but your facts and issues.

3. Wendy Renee Whitt

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Only an attorney familiar with the facts of your case can advise you about the risks you may face. I strongly recommend you retain an attorney to help you or wait until you have saved the money for an attorney before you take action.