What do I have to do to prove contempt of court on a visitation order?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

i am supposed to get three hours one day a week and right now i barely get one hour on two different days....so a total of less than two hours .....and some weeks i only get one hour ....i have requested for my third hour several times .....and i request to reschedule my visits when they get cancelled but usually am not allowed to.....what can i do? and what do i have to do to prove it to a judge? how can i increase my visitation and my custody?

1. John Arthur Smitten

2

Answered . the burden of proof is willful non compliance of a court order. Send letters to the ex demanding that there be compliance with the order. then if it happens again file for contempt then use the letters to show the court that you tried to resolve it short of a hearing. If you continue to get massively jerked around then you can go for custody. Contact my office for free consultation.

2. Joseph Julius Registrato

Pro

1

Answered . I am not sure what you are "supposed to get" because your facts are kind of unusual and not what we usually see in time sharing plan. Proving that you're not getting the time sharing is difficult, but it can be done. You really ought to hire a professional to deal with this and I'd be glad to talk to you about it. If you go it alone I do not think you will succeed. Call my office anytime for a free consultation.

3. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

Answered . The best way to get your questions answered is to actually hire an attorney to bring a motion for contempt and have a hearing on it.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239