What do I file if I feel I was an employee not self employed for tax purposes. Can I go back on one paying me if IRS agrees

Oakley, KS |

Never received any documents from one paying me over 7000 last year. Know he wants everyone claim self employed but I feel we were employees. Need to know what process I have to do to get this corrected with IRS OR have them tell me if I really self employed or not. Does IRS finding have an effect on my ability to go back on an " on the job" injury that happened in oct leaving me unable to work for over year?

1. You can file a Form SS-8, which is discussed here:

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Independent-Contractor-(Self-Employed)-or-Employee%3F

As for the on-the-job injury, you need to consult with a local employment or workers compensation attorney. The standard for "employee vs. independent contractor" may or may not be the same for state law as it is for the IRS.