What do i do when the father of my child wont pay child support he doesnt bother to have anything to do with his daughter expcep

Pensacola, FL |

my childs father was abusive in our two year relationship he drank very heavily and i left him and moved back in with my family he has since done nothing but simply harass me whenever he sees fit he pays no child support he doesnt have a job or a car or a means of taking care of her my family and i have provided everything for my daughter i can even get a pack of diapers from him but he thinks he can do what he wants because he has visitation but he doesnt not do it in the proper manner there is no time schedule no respect for her well being i dont know where he lives who he is around nothing and he thinks he can just take her when he wants without calling and properly coming to pick her up i don't trust what are my rights to protect my child from him just taking her he has back and forth

Unless you were married at the time your daughter was born, he does not have as many rights as he may think. Until the paternity of the child has been established by the courts, you are well within your rights to restrict his visitation. You may want to consult with an attorney in your area so that you can learn about your legal rights and responsibilities.

He needs to establish paternity in order to have rights as the “father”. Based on the facts you may want to retain an attorney and proceed from there.

JMP Law, P.A.
Juna M. Pulayya
www.jmplawyer.com
junior@jmplawyer.com

Legal disclaimer: This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about my qualifications and experience. Transmission of the information in this web site is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

The other attorneys are directly on point. However, I would like to make one additional comment.Please remember that even though you are currently not receiving child support, your ex legally has not been established as the father of the child(unless you were married when child was born). Therefore, he has no rights to the child without him taking action. If you do chose to obtain child support, paternity will be established and he will most likely gain legally enforceable rights to the child. In any event, speak with a local attorney to be able to determine your options. Best of Luck.

FOR A FREE 20 MINUTE INITIAL TELEPHONE CONSULTATION CALL 904-309-8461 NOTHING IN THIS ANSWER IS INTENDED TO CREATE AN ATTORNEY/CLIENT RELATIONSHIP NOR SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A SUBSTITUTE FOR AN IN PERSON CONSULTATION WITH AN ATTORNEY/THIS ANSWER IS NOT INTENDED TO BE TAKEN AS LEGAL ADVICE, ALL PARTIES POSTING QUESTIONS ARE HIGHLY ADVISED TO IMMEDIATELY SEEK COUNSEL TO REMEDY THEIR LEGAL PROBLEMS

Child custody topics