Skip to main content

What do I do when my ex-husband has violated our divorce decree?

Fargo, ND |

I co-signed a store credit card for my ex when we were married. We forgot about the card at the divorce time .All joint credit cards were closed. Since then he has used the card for purchasing a tv(I'm not sure if there is anything else). He is making payments, but I can't close the account, only he can since it is in his name. What can I do to not be liable for this debt if he doesn't make the payments on time until it is paid off?

Attorney Answers 1


Time for an order to show cause. Make sure you can clearly show how he has not followed the divorce decree and make sure to ask for attorney fees.

Arnold & Wadsworth

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics