Skip to main content

What do I do when injured from a purchase at a fast-food restaurant ?

Dallas, TX |

I broke a crowned tooth on a foreign object in a sandwich.

Attorney Answers 7

  1. Save the product, save the broken fragments, obtain necessary treatment. Candidly, I seriously doubt you have cause for a viable personal injury case; if that's what you're asking. Speak with local and qualified counsel.

    Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

  2. I agree with Mr. Adams. You should save the product (if possible) and the foreign object. You should file an incident report with the manager at the restaurant. You should seek medical attention (in this case from a dentist), and you should consult with a personal injury attorney to advise you in moving forward with your claim. Remember that you have a limited time to file a claim, so do not delay. Best of luck.

    I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

  3. I have handled several of these types of cases. You need to make sure you make a report with the facility immediately after the injury. Get a copy of the report you made. I would NOT give the item that caused your damages back to the facility - you will never see it again. Keep it in a safe place. Hire a personal injury attorney in your area that can give you a FREE initial consultation on this issue. Go get an estimate to fix your broken tooth/teeth.

    All responses on this site by this attorney are considered practical & general and does not constitute absolute or final legal advice. It is always best to consult a lawyer in your area on your exact case/claim. Each state has different laws, statutes of limitations and regulations. This lawyer is only licensed in the State of Texas. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of GREGG S. HARRISON, PLLC, nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Office of GREGG S. HARRISON PLLC. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. GREGG HARRISON. Visit our website at or call 832-797-7600 to discuss your legal issue; We represent injured persons who have been involved in motor vehicle collisions, 18-wheeler/truck wrecks and motorcycle accidents; all types of general negligence and catastrophic injury claims.

  4. This is a good case. The law is that if there is a naturally occurring object, there is no liability. An instance of a naturally occurring object is a chicken bone that is in a chicken nugget or a cherry pit that is in a piece of cherry pie

    If you have a case where there is a piece of metal or a piece of glass in a chicken nugget or cherry pie then there is liability.

    You will need to hire a lawyer because these cases are rarely if ever settle without a fight.

    It is important to hire a lord that lives in your area that can file in court in your area. It is very important to fire a lawyer who has tried cases to a jury verdict and has won.

    There is a separate method of recovery for your medical bills, some restaurants carry what is called medical payments coverage. This will pay your dentist and other medical bills for a sum of up to $2500, $5000, or even as much as $10,000. Paragraph the matter what you do get on this right away and keep all your records photographs your receipt And especially the object of broke your tooth

  5. i would call a local attorney who contributes here

  6. I assume you obtained an incident report from the restaurant, thus, either retain a local personal injury lawyer to put in a demand or ask them to pay this directly, your call.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

  7. It is crucial that you file an incident report with the store's manager immediately after the injury occurs. Once the report is made, get a copy of the report and keep the foreign object. After that, you should consult with a personal injury attorney in your area for legal advice/representation.

    This answer is meant for information purposes only. No attorney-client relationship has been established between the Avvo user and Cesar Garcia.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics