What do I do regarding notice for parking ticket I didn't receive?

Asked over 1 year ago - Detroit, MI

Received Overdue Notice in mail this month for parking ticket dated from November 29, 2012. I was not in said location and unaware of supposed ticket. There is a late fee in addition to original parking citation. Somehow my license plate number is correctly identified on ticket.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Michael J. Olson

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Contact the Court and set up an informal hearing. At that time the officer that wrote the ticket will have to appear and convince the Judge or Magistrate that you are the culprit. Sometimes they take photographs of the offending vehicle when they write the ticket. Sometimes they just write down the wrong number. In any event, your best and cheapest recourse is to go to court in the context of an informal hearing. Good Luck.

    So there is no misunderstanding, my answer to your question does not establish an attorney/client relationship... more
  2. Corey Dustin Silverstein

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . Don't sit around and wait. Old parking tickets frequently become the basis of drivers license suspensions. How much is the parking ticket fine and what is the parking ticket for?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,348 answers this week

2,691 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,348 answers this week

2,691 attorneys answering