What do I do regarding notice for parking ticket I didn't receive?

Detroit, MI |

Received Overdue Notice in mail this month for parking ticket dated from November 29, 2012. I was not in said location and unaware of supposed ticket. There is a late fee in addition to original parking citation. Somehow my license plate number is correctly identified on ticket.

Contact the Court and set up an informal hearing. At that time the officer that wrote the ticket will have to appear and convince the Judge or Magistrate that you are the culprit. Sometimes they take photographs of the offending vehicle when they write the ticket. Sometimes they just write down the wrong number. In any event, your best and cheapest recourse is to go to court in the context of an informal hearing. Good Luck.

So there is no misunderstanding, my answer to your question does not establish an attorney/client relationship with me or my firm and such a relationship will not be established unless and until you personally retain me or my firm to represent you.

Don't sit around and wait. Old parking tickets frequently become the basis of drivers license suspensions. How much is the parking ticket fine and what is the parking ticket for?