What do I do in my ex filed a motion to change a temporary order?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Athens, GA

my ex was required by a temporary order to undergo counceling. he is not wanting to change the temporary order to include myself and states I have not cooperated with getting my son into counceling. he was to attend first and then my son but he wants a different Dr so he is asking for a modification to the temporary order and for me to pay for him having to have the order modified

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Frederick Scott Islieb

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . He can petition the court to modify the previous order. The judge will want to know why and at the hearing it will be your chance to argue against it.

    This response is intended to be a general statement of law that should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,736 answers this week

3,156 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,736 answers this week

3,156 attorneys answering