What do I do in a Grand Jury Indictment?

Tyler, TX |

Officers came to arrest me for a grand jury indictment, and showed no warrant to the owner when they searched the property. Is that proper protocol?

1. If you have been indicted by a Grand Jury you need to go hire an attorney without delay. Any challenges to the search and seizure can be addressed by your attorney who can review all of the facts and circumstances surrounding your case. So, stop posting on this site and start searching for an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area. If you need assistance you can find assistance on this site or through the State Bar of Texas Lawyer Referral Service located at www.texasbar.com

The answers provided on this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between the Law Office of Cody Henson, PLLC and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

2. A GJ surely would have issued an arrest warrant for you. Then the officers can search and secure the affected area during the arrest. Get an attorney quick to review the arrest. Take Care!