What do I do in a Grand Jury Indictment?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tyler, TX

Officers came to arrest me for a grand jury indictment, and showed no warrant to the owner when they searched the property. Is that proper protocol?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Cody Grant Henson

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . If you have been indicted by a Grand Jury you need to go hire an attorney without delay. Any challenges to the search and seizure can be addressed by your attorney who can review all of the facts and circumstances surrounding your case. So, stop posting on this site and start searching for an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area. If you need assistance you can find assistance on this site or through the State Bar of Texas Lawyer Referral Service located at www.texasbar.com

    The answers provided on this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing... more
  2. Stephen F Wallace

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . A GJ surely would have issued an arrest warrant for you. Then the officers can search and secure the affected area during the arrest. Get an attorney quick to review the arrest. Take Care!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,569 answers this week

2,756 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,569 answers this week

2,756 attorneys answering