What do I do in a Grand Jury Indictment?

Asked about 1 year ago - Tyler, TX

Officers came to arrest me for a grand jury indictment, and showed no warrant to the owner when they searched the property. Is that proper protocol?

1. Cody Grant Henson

Pro

Answered . If you have been indicted by a Grand Jury you need to go hire an attorney without delay. Any challenges to the search and seizure can be addressed by your attorney who can review all of the facts and circumstances surrounding your case. So, stop posting on this site and start searching for an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area. If you need assistance you can find assistance on this site or through the State Bar of Texas Lawyer Referral Service located at www.texasbar.com

2. Stephen F Wallace

Answered . A GJ surely would have issued an arrest warrant for you. Then the officers can search and secure the affected area during the arrest. Get an attorney quick to review the arrest. Take Care!